Date(s): April 8, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM EST - 5:00 PM EST
OCHCH is excited to provide this introductory program to provide attendees an up-to-date overview of the state requirements for a Medicare/Medicaid and Department of Aging certified home health agency. Participants will gain knowledge of each of the Medicaid Programs’ Conditions of Participation (CoPs) and rules; the required coordination of services with or without case management; the role of Medicaid’s oversight contractor, and Medicaid managed care. Discussion will include the following Medicaid programs: State Plan Home Health and Private Duty Nursing Services, Ohio Home Care Program, PASSPORT Waiver; and Assisted Living Waiver.
The main components and requirements of “basic” state plan Medicaid
- Improve coordination of “basic” state plan Medicaid services with Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers
- “Basic” and “related” state plan Medicaid services included are – Home health (HH) services – Private duty nursing (PDN) services
- Improve coordination of HCBS waivers with “basic” state plan Medicaid services
- HCBS include: Ohio Home Care Waiver; PASSPORT Waiver, and Assisted Living Waiver
- Waiver alignment of the departments of Medicaid and Aging.
Kathy Royer, RN, MBA, DMin, CHPN, CHPCA is the Regulatory Director for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. She is a registered nurse with more than 22 years of experience in hospice. She served as a corporate division director with a demonstrated history of improvement in quality scores. She has expertise in hospice and hospital environments. Kathy is skilled in corporate leadership development, operations management, regulatory consultation, coaching, Palliative Care, team building, and as a cultural change agent.
o OCHCH Member - $149 o Non-Member - $249
(Per Person) (Per Person)
Try the new Unlimited Attendee Pass! One price for unlimited staff to attend this course. Great for multiple new staff members!
o OCHCH Member - $249 o Non-Member - $349
Printable Registration Flyer - CLICK HERE!!
Online RegistrationMember Registration
Link To This Event
MapGoogle | Yahoo
Pressure Injury and Staging - Presented by Medline
Date(s): April 8, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM EST - 1:00 PM EST
We are excited to be partnering with Medline for this FREE Skin Care webinar series.
Pressure Injury and Staging
During this course we will cover the importance of skin care to cleanse, moisturize, protect and treat. Review what is involved in a skin assessment. Take an in depth look at risk factors included in the Braden Scale, then we will review pressure injury staging thru a simple method called Apples to Apple P.I.E.
- List risk factors included in the Braden risk score
- Name 3 pressure injury prevention strategies
- Identify pressure injury by stage
Dionie Bibat, MSN, RN, CWOCN; Regional Manager Clinical Services, Medline Industries
OCHCH Members - FREE!!
Non-Members - $25