Start Date: 10/29/2018 12:30 PM EDT
End Date: 11/8/2018 2:00 PM EST
Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice
Be among the elite group of billers that are current on all Hospice Medicare billing regulations. Billing is a very critical part of hospice reimbursement. This webinar series will lay a concrete foundation for hospice billers, as well as, any hospice staff that need to more effectively understand the Medicare regulations. The series will include Medicare eligibility, field by field on Notice of Election and claim forms and sequential billing requirements. Billing requirements to deal with late NOEs will be covered. We will review the regulations for billing all hospice services, face-to-face encounters and additionally home health providing care while a patient is on service with hospice. The program will conclude with many of the day-to-day scenarios that billers face such as: revocations, HIS, and self-reporting the cap. Information regarding Palliative Care billing will be discussed. If you are part of revenue cycle management in hospice this webinar series is a must!
Part 1 - October 29:
Part 2 – November 1:
- List the eligibility requirements for admitting patient to Hospice under Medicare Benefit.
- Define Benefit Periods and Certification Requirements.
- Review information surrounding electronic submission of Hospice Notices of Election.
- Demonstrate claim requirements for Late Notice of Election.
Part 3 – November 8:
- Recap the distinct levels of care and specifics of billing them.
- Detail criteria for line item billing Hospice Claims to Medicare including physician billing.
- Review all Hospice Claims Processing Updates
- Review the changes surrounding Notice of Termination/Revocation
About the Presenter
- Detail Face-to-Face Requirements.
- Review Hospice Aggregate Cap Self Reporting Requirement.
- Discuss Palliative Care Reimbursement
- Recap HIS documentation and submission requirements
- Hospice Targeted Probe & Educate
Melinda Gaboury, is co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Healthcare Provider Solutions, Inc., an organization out of Nashville, TN that provides financial, reimbursement, clinical and operation services to the home health and hospice industries. With more than 25 years of experience in Medicare Home Health, she is a presenter at both the state and national levels, and is interviewed frequently for national home health publications. Ms. Gaboury is also the author of "Home Health Pocket Guide to OASIS C2: A Reference Guide for Field Staff." Ms. Gaboury has no conflict of interest in regard to this program.
NOTE: Single Session Registration is available, click on title of session you wish to attend on the webinar list on our website.
3-Part Series -
3-Part Series -
Webinar login instructions will be emailed to registered attendees.
Each registration is for one phone connection.
The Ohio Council for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)(OH-157, 4/1/2019)
RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire program in order for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please return a completed evaluation form and a $10 processing fee for each individual requesting hours.
for a printer-friendly registration form