Start Date: 8/20/2020 9:00 AM EDT
End Date: 8/20/2020 5:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice Location:
1105 Schrock Rd
Columbus, OH United States 43229
Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice
OCHCH is excited to provide this introductory program to provide attendees an up-to-date overview of the state requirements for a Medicare/Medicaid and Department of Aging certified home health agency. Participants will gain knowledge of each of the Medicaid Programs’ Conditions of Participation (CoPs) and rules; the required coordination of services with or without case management; the role of Medicaid’s oversight contractor, and Medicaid managed care. Discussion will include the following Medicaid programs: State Plan Home Health and Private Duty Nursing Services, Ohio Home Care Program, PASSPORT Waiver; and Assisted Living Waiver.
The main components and requirements of “basic” state plan Medicaid
- Improve coordination of “basic” state plan Medicaid services with Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers
- “Basic” and “related” state plan Medicaid services included are – Home health (HH) services – Private duty nursing (PDN) services
The main components and requirements of HCBS waiver services
- Improve coordination of HCBS waivers with “basic” state plan Medicaid services
- HCBS include: Ohio Home Care Waiver; PASSPORT Waiver, and Assisted Living Waiver
- Waiver alignment of the departments of Medicaid and Aging.
Lunch and continental breakfast are included in the registration fee.
Beth Foster, RN, BA, CPHQ, CEHCH
is the Regulatory Affairs Director for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. She has been in this positon for the last 13 years. Her home care career began in 1989 as a visiting nurse, progressing into other positions including aide/intake coordinator, hospital system liaison, clinical care manager and director. Previously she served as an Ohio Dept. of Health Surveyor for all provider types including Home Care & Hospice.
OCHCH Members - $175 (first person)
$155 (each additional from same agency)
Non-Members - $275 (first person)
$250 (each additional from same agency)
Printable Registration Flyer: CLICK HERE