Start Date: 9/21/2021 9:00 AM EDT
End Date: 9/21/2021 5:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Virtual Event
Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice
THIS IS A VIRTUAL EDUCATION EVENT
Program Description: OCHCH is excited to introduce this new workshop, designed for hospice professionals that are stepping into a management role. This program provides hospice-specific information that helps leaders and managers develop the skills they need to meet the challenges and changes they face in managing successful hospice programs, systems and caregivers. Our introductory Hospice 101 course provides the basics of hospice care operations. Hospice 201 is the next level. This workshop offers suggestions for identifying the clinical issues that impact financial performance, and offers guidance on managing the relationship between the quality, clinical and the financial areas of the agency. We’ll also provide strategies to refine and improve billing performance, reduce denials, improve profitability, and increase quality outcomes.
- Describe the role of hospice care in population care management.
- Identify current state/ federal legislation and regulations affecting hospice care programs.
- Describe methods to enhance the financial performance of a hospice program.
- Describe how to manage staff performance to enhance agency reputation.
- Identify the challenges and strategies to improve billing performance and reimbursement issues.
- Identify opportunities and challenges posed by new quality reporting requirements for hospice programs.
- Discuss current issues impacting the provision of hospice care in a long term care facility.
- Identify useful operations management techniques through the use of dashboards and benchmarking.
, RN, MBA, DMin, CHPN, CHPCA
is the hospice regulatory director for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. She is a registered nurse with more than 23 years of experience in hospice. She served as a corporate division director with a demonstrated history of improvement in quality scores. She has expertise in hospice and hospital environments. Kathy is skilled in corporate leadership development, operations management, regulatory consultation, coaching, Palliative Care, team building, and as a cultural change agent.
OCHCH Members - $149 (Per Person)
$249 - Unlimited Attendee Pass (One price for unlimited staff to attend)
Non-Members - $249 (Per Person)
$349 - Unlimited Attendee Pass (One price for unlimited staff to attend)
Printable Registration Flyer
- CLICK HERE!!