Start Date: 5/21/2020 9:00 AM EDT
End Date: 5/21/2020 5:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice Location:
1105 Schrock Rd
Columbus, OH United States 43229
Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice
This program has been developed to assist experienced home health managers to enhance the operational performance of their home health agency. Our introductory Home Care 101 course provides the basics of home care operations. Home Care 201 is the next level. Improving clinical performance and financial management in a Medicare skilled home health agency is the focus of Home Care 201. Essential to improving agency operations is identifying clinical issues that impact performance. This program will provide strategies to refine and improve billing performance as well as explain the important relationship between clinical and financial areas of the agency. This focus is important as the future viability of home care operations will be determined by the agency’s ability to remain current with changing regulations, the ongoing focus on patient outcomes, declining reimbursement, and closer scrutiny by auditors that can lead to denials. Attendees are strongly encouraged to bring to the program a written description of at least one problem that they need to resolve within their agency; the goal is to best serve the individual's purpose for attending the class.
Who Should Attend
- Recognize clinical issues impacting performance management
- Discuss how to manage the relationship between clinical and financial areas of the agency to optimize performance in each area
- Identify the challenges and strategies to improve billing performance and reimbursement issues
- Describe how to enhance financial performance through sound financial decisions in order to ensure the future of the agency
- Identify useful data management techniques through the use of dashboards and benchmarking
- Discuss current audit activities and strategies to minimize denials
- Discuss additional current issues impacting home health agency operations
: This workshop is best suited to individuals who have a minimum of 1 year experience in home health management and operation of an established Medicare certified agency.
Lunch and continental breakfast are included in the registration fee.
Registration will open at 8:30am
Beth Foster, RN, BA, CPHQ, CEHCH
is the Regulatory Affairs Director for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. She has been in this position for the last 13 years. Her home care career began in 1989 as a visiting nurse, progressing into other positions including aide/intake coordinator, hospital system liaison, clinical care manager and director. Previously she served as an Ohio Dept. of Health Surveyor for all provider types including Home Care & Hospice.
OCHCH Members - $195(first person)
$175 (each additional member of same agency)
Non Members - $390 (first person)
$350 (each additional member of same agency)
Paper Registration Form
- CLICK HERE