Start Date: 6/4/2019 9:00 AM EDT
End Date: 6/5/2019 5:00 PM EDT
Venue Name: OCHCH Center for Excellence Location:
1105 Schrock Rd.
Columbus, OH United States 43229
Ohio Council for Home Care & Hospice
This two-day workshop will cover what you need to know now to be effective with Medicare PPS billing and help prepare your agency for the implementation of the Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM).
Day 1 | 2019 Home Health Reimbursement Under PPS Ensure your agency’s financial success! Topics covered include: Medicare patient verification, adjacent episode calculations, details - field by field on claim forms, billing updates, auditing a pre-bill for final claim purposes, managing risks, and utilizing PEPPER.
Day 2 | Patient-Driven Groupings Model (PDGM) PDGM dramatically impacts agency operations, processes, and performance. Learn strategies and processes to prepare. Topics will focus on best episode management and process improvement practices,
including referral, intake, and scheduling processes to help you more tightly manage care within the shorter 30-day payment period.
Day 1 | HH Reimbursement Under PPS
• Review Key PPS Billing Highlights for 2019
• Calculate and Evaluate HHRG, HIPPS Code, and Episode Exceptions
• Verify Eligibility and calculate Adjacent Episodes
• Complete a RAP and Final Claim
• Discuss effectively auditing a chart to identify pre-bill and Medicare Secondary Payor issues
• Review the Targeted Probe & Educate demonstration and learn how to use data such as PEPPER to mitigate financial risk
Day 2 | Patient-Driven Groupings Model
• Review the impact of PDGM on agency operations and financial condition
• Review the complexity of determining LUPA thresholds and LUPA prevention
• Discuss the importance of ICD-10 Coding, timely OASIS review, and clinical documentation
• Review strategic planning for implementation of clinical episode management best practices
• Review therapy utilization practices, discuss methods to evaluate current practices and implement changes to ensure patients are receiving appropriate, cost-effective quality care
Melinda Gaboury, is co-founder and Chief Executive Officer of Healthcare Provider Solutions, Inc., an organization out of Nashville, TN that provides financial, reimbursement, clinical and operation services to the home health and hospice industries. With more than 25 years of experience in Medicare Home Health, she is a presenter at both the state and national levels, and is interviewed frequently for national home health publications. Ms. Gaboury is also the author of "Home Health Pocket Guide to OASIS C2: A Reference Guide for Field Staff." Ms. Gaboury has no conflict of interest in regard to this program.
Member 2 Day $249 - each additional $219
Member 1 Day $149 - each additional $119
Non-Member 2 Day $399 - each additional $369
Non-Member 1 Day $299 - each additional $269
Crowne Plaza, 6500 Doubletree Ave., Columbus, OH 43229, PH: 614-885-1885 A hotel room rate of $94.00 plus tax is available on a space available basis. Please phone the hotel & ask for the Home Care & Hospice Rate.
The Ohio Council for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurses association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) (OH -157, 4/1/2019)
Use a separate registration form for each attendee; photocopies of the original form are acceptable. A registration may not be split between individuals. Registrations will not be accepted without payment in full. Fees must be paid in full in order to participate.
If you cancel five business days before the program, you will receive a refund less a 25% administrative fee. All cancellations must be made in writing. No refunds for cancellations or exchanges within four business days from the date of the program. If due
to unforeseen circumstances OCHCH must cancel this event, you will receive a full refund.
Individuals requiring special arrangements as stated in the Americans with Disabilities Act, should notify OCHCH at least 48 hours prior to the program.
The presenters and planners have declared no conflict of interest for this program and will present fairly and without bias. No commercial support has been provided for this program.
Click here for a printer-friendly version of registration form.