Start Date: 8/28/2019 11:30 AM EDT
End Date: 8/28/2019 12:30 PM EDT
Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice
RCD is coming to Ohio! Each agency has a decision to make as to which Review Choice they want to choose. This course will walk you through your choices and the pros and cons of each one. Beth Foster will lead you through the decision making process and what challenges await with RCD. It is imperative that you make an informed decision for your Review Choice to best serve your business.
What You Should Know And Do NOW:
- HHAs MUST sign up to use the Palmetto GBA eServices provider portal now for information and instructions on the selection process. (HHAs can only make their selection through the eServices portal, and this is also the best way to submit the required documentation!) If your HHA is already using the eServices portal, good for you!
- Through eServices, HHAs will be able to view their available choices and make their selection:
- Pre-claim review (PCR) – 100% review, least amount of paperwork, but need to obtain physician’s signatures timely, no limit to the number of times the PCR can be resubmitted; (This means you will eventually receive an affirmation!) or
- Post-payment review – 100% review, comparable to sending documentation for an Additional Documentation Request (ADR), most amount of paperwork; or
- Minimal post-payment review with a 25% payment reduction – most amount of paperwork, automatic 25% payment reduction on all payable claims
- Palmetto GBA will also send letters to all Ohio HHAs detailing this information.
- If HHAs that do not make a choice selection by the September 15, 2019, deadline, they will be automatically placed in Choice 2: Post Payment Review.
- Following the close of the choice selection period, the demonstration will begin in Ohio on September 30, 2019, and all episodes of care starting on or after this date will be subject to the requirements of the choice selected.
- As far as Targeted Probe & Educate (TPE), Palmetto GBA expects to complete all TPE rounds for Ohio providers prior to the start of RCD in our state.
- Please send any questions to: homehealthRCD@cms.hhs.gov
- More detail in Palmetto GBA RCD site.
- Listen to the Monthly RCD Provider Teleconference Schedule (August 7, 2019)
- Attend the OCHCH ANNUAL Fall Conference for RCD breakout sessions. Palmetto GBA staff will be presenting one of the sessions, “RCD Review with Palmetto.”
We suggest that you look at the demonstration as a process improvement project. Hopefully in the long run you will increase the amount of reimbursement, and decrease the amount of money being taken back.
Beth Foster, RN, BA, CPHQ
is Director of Regulatory Affairs for the Ohio Council for Home Care and Hospice. Her home care career began in 1989 as a visiting nurse, progressing into other positions including aide/intake coordinator, hospital system liaison, clinical care manager and director. Previously she served as an Ohio Dept. of Health Surveyor for all provider types including Home Care & Hospice.
FREE!! - if your angency is signed up for the OCHCH Annual Conference
There is a promo code in the confirmation email of your Annual Conference Registration. Please use the listed code to receive the webinar for free!
Non Annual Conference Attendees: $75
Non OCHCH Members: $150
Webinar login instructions will be emailed to registered attendees.
Please note: Each registration is for one phone connection.
The Ohio Council for Home Care & Hospice is an approved provider of continuing education by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91)
RNs and LPNs must participate in the entire program in order for contact hours to be awarded. To apply for nursing contact hours, please return a completed evaluation form and a $10 processing fee for each individual requesting hours.
Click Here for a printer friendly version of registration form.